4.10.2009

Those Fabulous Finnish

Thanks to Julia @ hooked on houses for today's blog party..
easter

The planning begins; required is a Easter worthy table setting.....



This year, it all began with this very bowl...not just any bowl

For you see it is a Tapio Wirkkala creation that I have long adored. My parents brought home pieces of his glassware from a trip to Scandinavia in the 60's. Even as a child I thought his work was so unique and contemporary, perhaps not in those very words! More like; cool, or groovy.

I began my hunt several years ago to start my own collection of Wirkkala wonders. After great patience & determination; bidding & re-bidding on ebay, I won my first piece, the pedestal bowl. Even today there are still great deals on ebay of his work. Help with your 'go' on ebay, search here. It takes time & perseverance. This baby came all the way from Australia to be in my home. Even with shipping costs, I managed to get this beloved piece for under $50 & in perfect condition.

There is no doubt, I will cherish it always. For more information about this magnificent man who pioneered Finnish industrial arts, read here

Since Fridays are all about dreaming the good life, I have decided to invite "Tapio Wirkkala" to Easter -
EASTER

EASTER

EASTER



Easter

Easter

easter

Easter

easter

Hooked on Tapio Wirkkala, yes indeed!

{go forth & collect responsibly}

6 comments:

Lisa Porter said...

Good Friday to you and yours! I'm sure your table will look divine!
Also wanted to say thanks for stopping by TLPC and for following along.
All the best, and have a good Easter!
Lisa

DesignTies said...

What did we ever do before Ebay?!

Your pedestal bowl is going to look great on your Easter table :-)

Kelly @ DesignTies

Decor To Adore said...

Beautiful! Have a wonderful Easter weekend!

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

What a fun post! I love it. Happy Easter to you, too! :-)

Brillante Interiors said...

Just discovered you as a new follower of my Blog, thanks for visiting! I will read all your Posts and from what I first saw I know I will enjoy them all.
Buona Pasqua

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

so many lovely images, happy Easter :)